Pop Culture Expo
IMAGE (Interactive Meet And Greet Entertainment)
Last modified: October 3, 2012
There are many different purposes for which you can use our website www.imagemeetandgreet.com (the “Site”) and our services provided through the Site (the “Services”). Some of these purposes include purchasing items, viewing celebrities autographing the items, searching our calendar and Site, sharing information you find here, communicating with other people through video or other means, and creating content.
When you share information with us, for example by creating an image account (your “IMAGE Account”) and becoming an IMAGE member (an “IMAGE Member”), we can make those Services even better, show you more relevant search results, help you connect with people or celebrities, and enable your access to IMAGE VideoQueueTM and IMAGE Personal Experience events and autograph signings. As you use our Services, we want you to understand how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information;
- As well as some other important information.
Your privacy matters to IMAGE so whether you are new to IMAGE or a regular user, please do take the time to get to know our practices and if you have any questions contact us at email@example.com
When we refer to personal information (“Personal Information”), we mean your account information that we obtain when you register and become an IMAGE Member, changes to that information as you update it, and information about you and your activities using the Site and Services.
We collect information to provide better Services to all of our users. We collect basic information like which language you speak or which device you are using to view your IMAGE Personal Experience, and more complex information like which events and celebrities you are interested in while keeping an archive and registry of your experiences.We collect information in two ways:
How we use information we collect from you
- Information you give us. For example, our Services require you to sign up for an IMAGE Account. When you do, we’ll ask for Personal Information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible or private IMAGE profile (your “IMAGE Profile”), which may include your name and photo.
Information we get from your use of our Services. We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our Services or when you view and interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). IMAGE may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your IMAGE Account.
When you use our Services or view content provided by IMAGE, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries, the number of times a given site is viewed, the URLs of web pages viewed, clicks, and dates that you view the web pages;
- Telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls;
- Your Internet Protocol address;
- Device or service event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your device or your IMAGE Account.
- Location information
When you use a location-enabled IMAGE service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers
Certain Services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to IMAGE when you install or uninstall that Service or when that Service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use the information we collect from you from all of our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect IMAGE and our users. We also use this information to (I) offer you tailored content like more relevant search results, notifications, advertising, promotions and special offers; (II) to communicate with you about your account or any customer service matters that come up; (III) to ask you to participate in surveys that help us make the Site and Services better; (IV) to notify and warn you of inappropriate conduct; and (V) in some situations, to inform you of the suspension and termination of your account.
We may use the name you provide for your IMAGE Profile across all of the Services we offer that require an IMAGE Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your IMAGE Account so that you are represented consistently across all our Services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible IMAGE Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact IMAGE, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, and make you aware of upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, such as pixel tags (which monitor when e-mails are opened as well as activity on websites) to track your use of the Site and Services to improve your user experience, and their overall quality, and to better understand how the Site and Services are being used. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our Services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you targeted advertising, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may combine Personal Information from one IMAGE service with information, including Personal Information, from other IMAGE Services, for example, to make it easier for us to share things about you with people you know. We will not combine third party cookie information with information that can be used to identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) unless we have your consent.
IMAGE processes Personal Information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your Personal Information on a server located outside the country where you live.Special Note to Users Outside of the United States
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information including the IMAGE registry and IMAGE archives that are tied to your IMAGE Account by logging in to your account;
- View and edit your advertising and notification preferences, such as which categories might interest you. You can also elect to not receive certain IMAGE advertising;
- Use our editor to see and adjust how your IMAGE Profile appears to particular individuals; and
- Control who you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.Information you share
Many of our Services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexed by search engines. Our Services provide you with options on sharing your content.Accessing and updating your Personal Information
Whenever you use our Site and Services, we aim to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or that would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our Site and Services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our Site or Services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.Information we share
We do not share Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of IMAGE unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of IMAGE when we have your consent to do so. We require your consent before sharing any sensitive personal information which consists of religious or political beliefs, medical facts, ethnic or racial background or sexuality (“Sensitive Personal Information”).
With domain administrators
If your IMAGE Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for users of the IMAGE tablet or mobile application (“IMAGE Apps Users”)) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your IMAGE Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install;
- Change your account password;
- Suspend or terminate your account access;
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of IMAGE if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Respond to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;<
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected harm to persons or property, suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, or otherwise required by law;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;<
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of IMAGE, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.<
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information – information recorded in such a way that it does not refer to or reflect the information of any identifiable individual (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”) publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share this information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Site and Services or share it with other entities for business analytics, or in other ways described to you at the time of collection or otherwise.
We work hard to protect IMAGE and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our Services using SSL to increase the security of your search queries, communication and other data transfers;
- We offer you two-step verification when you access your IMAGE Account, and a safe browsing feature;
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; and
- We restrict access to Personal Information to IMAGE employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Application
You should refer to the privacy policies of third-parties for information about their information collection, use and disclosure policies. Enforcement
The Site and the Services are intended to be used by people age 13 or older. If you are under 13, you may only use the Site and Services if you have obtained the consent of your parent(s) or other legal guardian. By using the Site and Services, you warrant that you are age 13 or older or have obtained such consent.
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from people under the age of 13. Please do not send any information about yourself to us if you are under the age of 13. Should we learn that a person under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete that information from our database.Questions? Contact Us
It’s extremely important to us that your privacy is treated with the utmost respect. If you have any concerns, questions, or ideas on how we can do a better job at this, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. Terms of Service
Please read our Terms of Service
The following notices explain specific privacy practices with respect to certain IMAGE products and Services that you may use:IMAGE Personal Experience